Description

The church of São Roque (St. Roch; b 1295; d 1327) was built at the end of the 16th century by the Jesuits. Each of the chapels is a masterpiece of Baroque art richly embellished with lapis lazuli, agate, alabaster and amethyst. This chapel has a statue of the Crowned Virgin surrounded by cherubs and angels. Below her are six golden candle stands and a veiled tabernacle with altar cross. A white mantle sits atop a golden altar with fresh flowers.

  • Screen res for blogs, email & social

  • Hi-res for books & magazines

  • Full page hi-res for printed materials